Samish Neighborhood Association

Neighbors in Bellingham, Washington, working together

You are currently browsing the archives for July, 2012.

SNA minutes 2012-07

Samish Neighborhood Association Meeting

Tuesday, July 17, 2012,  Community Baptist Church

Meeting called to order by President Carpenter

Board members present: Carpenter, Eisenberg, Vodopich, Wynn, Conoboy, Gilbertson

Public Comment Period: no comments

Meeting minutes from June approved

Brief discussion of Padden Trails whose upzone was denied at the 02Jul 2012 meeting of the city council.  Question now is will it come up again?  Discussed possibillity of a yard sign campaign if the applicant re-applies for the upzone.

Treasurer’s report:  Approved by the board.

Discussed 501c(3) application.  Tim needs a letter from the Board to formally withdraw our request. Unfortunately the $400 fee for making the application will be lost.  Board approved withdrawing the application.

Newsletter:  Greg McCracken has agreed to put the newsletter together but cannot do any editing.  Decided to do several pieces on Padden Trails proposal in the event it surfaces again.  Garey agreed to  do a piece on the effect of development runoff on Padden Creek.

Steve Abell will be asked to do a piece on the transportation and safety issues involved. Tim agreed to collect the articles and pass them along to Greg for insertion into the newsletter.  Articles needed ASAP.

General meeting plans: picnic still on for 9 Sep.  Tim has reserved tables and chairs. Decided to go with chicken/hot dogs and burgers (if we can get them).  We will also seek donations from Haggens market. Discussion of trying to use the Key Bank $100 gift debit card we have from last year.  Tim to check if we can use it for purchasing picnic rentals or supplies.

New business: Garey brought up the issue of revision of bylaws that has been discussed at previous meetings.  He will review his emails on the topic and resend them to all board members for their review to determine what needs revision and how revision might be accomplished.  Item will be brought up for discussion on 9 Sep at the picnic.

Meeting adjourned.

Steve Abell (from notes taken by Dick Conoboy)

Posted 6 years, 7 months ago at 8:25 PM.

Add a comment

  • Recent Posts

  • Archives

  • Categories